Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87215018762?pwd=QzRabkoyeUNtWkd0NXBpZU5ZQS90Zz09
Always on Tuesdays (Nov 29, Dec 6, Dec 13) you can make the drink of the week to enjoy it during the Zoom service. Note that the Eggnog takes 6 hours to chill. Feel free to buy drinks and adding alcohol to the drinks is optional of course, please drink responsibly.
Nov 29 – Holiday Punch
1/2 pint raspberry sherbet
2 cups of cranberry juice
16.9 fl oz ginger ale
- Scoop the sherbet into a punch bowl.
- Pour in the cranberry juice and ginger ale and stir gently. Serve immediately.
Alcohol you could add: Vodka
Dec 6 – Gingerbread Hot Chocolate
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 – 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 – 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Dash salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- In a small saucepan, combine the first 7 ingredients; gradually add milk.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Alcohol you could add: Whiskey or Kahlúa
Dec 13 – Eggnog
Tip: Needs to chill for at least 6 hours
1 cup sugar
2 cups milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 Tbsp cinnamon
Whisk 5 egg yolks and 1 cup of sugar in a heat safe bowl. Save the 5 egg whites.
Add 2 cups milk, 1 cup heavy cream, 1 Tbsp cinnamon, and 4 cloves to a pan. Scald it but do not boil. Temper the egg yolk and sugar mix with about half of the hot milk mix. Then add all together in the pan on low heat until thick. Then strain it.
Now beat the egg whites to stiff peaks with a touch of sugar, then fold into the strained mixture. To this you then add nutmeg and vanilla to taste (probably at least 2 tsp each).
Chill in fridge for 6 hours.
Alcohol you could add: Dark Rum