Psalm 150 Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty firmament! Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his surpassing greatness! Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! Praise him with clanging cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals! Let everything that breathes praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!
Giving honor and glory to God is our joyful duty as Christians. Following Christ’s example, praising, thanking, serving, praying, evangelizing, healing and helping, is our highest form of worship.
Be a member of the worship committee:
- the committee plans worship services with liturgies, special elements to the service, music, and roles in worship.
Assist in preparing the sanctuary:
- adorn the altar with the appropriate colors for the church year
- provide necessary supplies for communion and other items as needed for worship
Be a worship assistant:
- help the pastor by welcoming the congregation, doing portions of the liturgy and prayers under the guidance of the pastor
Serve as a Communion Assistant:
- assist the pastor by serving the wine or the bread during communion in the worship service
Read Lessons during Sunday Worship:
- assist the pastor by reading the First Lesson, the Psalm responsively, and the Second Lesson from the Celebrate worship folder
Usher during Sunday Worship:
- greet worshippers and guide them to open seats
- hand out bulletins
- collect the offerings
- guide worshippers during communion
Serve as an Acolyte (for middle school children):
- light candles at the beginning of worship
- hand out and take collection plates from ushers
- snuff out candles at the close of worship
- assist the pastor with the children during children’s sermon